Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One is the New Two


Another week, another pound gone.  I think the days of losing two pounds a week have come to a close and the era of a pound a week has begun.  But I’m still losing and still committed to seeing the next 46 pounds gone.  Even if it’s one pound at a time!

I ran into someone I hadn’t seen for awhile and her first comment was that my face looked thinner.  That kinda surprised me, because of everywhere I’ve lost, that isn’t the place I would have pointed to first.  So I went back through some pictures just before I started all this and sure enough, my face does look thinner! So here’s a before/in progress shot of my face (notice it’s not a “before/after” shot, because I still have a long ways to go).


Speaking of food (yeah, there was no transition there whatsoever), below is my absolute most favorite lunch.  BBQ Chicken Tacos.  I’m only “allowed” to have this once a week, because of the tortillas, but I seriously look forward to this lunch each week!



Stir fry the chicken in Mrs. Dash Chicken and Pam Olive Oil cooking spray.  Add some sea salt to taste.  Heat the corn tortillas in the same skillet as the chicken (but re-spray the pan first) over low heat.  Mash up 2 oz. avocado (which is half of an average sized avocado), add a squirt of lemon juice and diced tomatoes, and a dash of Mrs. Dash Original.  Divide between the two tortillas.  Add 1 tble BBQ sauce to each tortilla.  The barbeque sauce I use is from Organic Ville, Original BBQ sauce (no sugar added).  The only place I’ve seen it is Sprouts, but I would guess you could also get it at Trader Joes or similar store.  Incredibly delicious!



Another staple dinner for me is tilapia.  There are so many good recipes for tilapia and I’m anxious to try them all.  This one is a quick, easy to prepare recipe when I don’t have a lot of time.  Use the Pam Olive Oil spray, season with garlic powder, sea salt, a squirt of lemon juice, and parsley.  Flip and do the same thing on the other side.  The brown rice is made with Organic Chicken Stock instead of water.  It’s a filling meal and, if the rice is made ahead of time and bagged, only takes about 15 minutes to make.

We finally changed my percentages to where they should be, and not so high in carbs.  I’m on the “traditional” 40/30/30 (protein, carbs, fat) percentages.  It’s not as hard as I thought it would be to cut the carbs back a bit.  What’s been hard is eating all the protein I’m supposed to eat.  I’m not crazy about protein shakes, but these Quest Protein Bars are pretty much my daily afternoon snack.  They are so good and have very few active carbs, but a lot of protein.  Highly recommend them!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Where do you get the Quest bars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online from Quest. Vitamin Shoppe is just starting to carry them but only had one flavor and are often out of it and waiting for the next order. If you place an order online with Quest in the morning, you get it the next day.

    ReplyDelete