Thursday, April 19, 2012

Recipes


Here are two recipes , the first of which I just tried this morning and will definitely be repeating!

Peanut Butter Protein Pancake
1 scoop Whey Peanut Butter protein powder
2 egg whites
2 tble unsweetened almond milk
½ cup mashed banana

Mix the first three ingredients together with a wire whisk.  Add the mashed banana.  The riper the banana, the sweeter the pancake.  Spray pan very well a cooking spray (I use Pam Olive Oil).  It will be hard to turn if you didn’t spray well.  It’s a good size pancake so plan accordingly! 




Top with 1 tble peanut butter (which just slides right on since the pancake is warm) and then drizzle 1 tble Pure Maple Syrup.    YUM! 
Total calories is 457.  That’s a bit higher than I usually go, but I will only have this on “run” days.  It’s worth it!



Chicken with Sprouts
Actually, this is chicken with just about anything.  This is my “fast food” or “food on the go” meal.  Today I was out most the day, so I made it in the morning, put in Tupperware and had it for lunch.  It doesn’t take long to throw together and is filling.
1 chicken breast, cut into strips
frozen brussel sprouts (or broccoli, or whatever)
mushrooms
seasonings (I used garlic powder, sea salt, parsley)



Stir fry the above together until done.  Spices, for the most part are free, so spice it up however you want.  I had this with ½ (cooked) of Quinoa (pictured below).  Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) is sometimes called a whole grain, but is actually the seed of green plant in South America.  It is gluten-free, high in fiber and manganese, and is a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids.  You cook it like rice (I cooked mine in the rice cooker), doubling the liquid with the dry amount used.  I made mine with Organic Chicken stock instead of water. 


I went back through all my prior posts and added a “recipes” label to every post that included a recipe.  So you should be able to just click “recipes” now on the left and get to just those posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment