Monday, April 9, 2012

No Loss


I got on the scale yesterday morning and didn’t lose anything.  I admit I completely overreacted.  I hardly ate the rest of the day to somehow “compensate”, which of course is counter-productive and not the right way to lose weight.   It’s amazing how a number on a scale can completely change your mood and outlook for the rest of the day.  I know some people who weigh every day and I don’t know how they live with that kind of rollercoaster ride.  The reality is there are so many different factors that go into that moment on the scale that even at once a week, it’s not completely reliable.

And so I’ll continue doing exactly what I’ve been doing.  Perhaps too much sodium and not enough water the day before or some other factor caused me to hold on to some water weight, or maybe I just really didn’t lose anything last week.  Either way, what I’ve been doing has taken away 41 pounds.  One week of no weight loss is hardly enough to scare me off!

After realizing I hadn’t lost any weight yesterday, when my husband, Ron, asked if I wanted to go for a run at the lake with him, I readily agreed (even though it wasn’t one of my “run” days).  We took two of the girls, Jessica and Emily, who rode their bikes as we ran.  Ron, who is a runner and runs considerably faster than me, stayed with me for the first mile and for the first time I can say, “Ron and I ran together yesterday!”  That was really cool.  After a mile, though, I was glad to see him go!  He was great about slowing way down to stay with me, but still pushed me a bit faster than I usually run.  I slowed down after that first mile and finished my 3-mile run at my new 11.20-something pace.  The girls had a blast biking between us and it was a beautiful way to start the day. 



Below is an absolutely fantastic salmon recipe I tried out this weekend.  So easy.


Drizzle olive oil on the filets.  Add some fresh lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley.  Place in COLD oven and set temperature to 400.  Cook for 25-30 minutes, no longer.  Moist and flavorful!  Though not pictured, I also tried Rosemary Red Potatoes over the weekend, which was really good as well.  Cut red potatoes into bite sized chunks.  Mix in a bowl with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and rosemary.  Place on an aluminum foil-lined pan and bake at 425 for about 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally until softened and browned.

 Finally, another before/in progress picture.  This one is of Ron and I.  The first one was taken in November, the second was this past Sunday.  I’m having a hard time finding material for before/in progress pictures, because I was very careful to not get pictures that weren’t “from the chest up”.  I’ve cropped just about every picture of me that had my full body, so I’m going to have to keep re-using old “before” pics soon.  I had Jessica (11) take this new picture and I said, “Be sure it’s a full body shot.”  Her mouth flew open in shock and she said, “Wow, mom.  I’ve never heard you say that before.  I don’t think I’ve ever been allowed to take a picture like that!”  Too funny (in a weird-sad way). 


No comments:

Post a Comment