Monday, August 20, 2012

Back on Track


It’s been over a month now with no weight loss.  However, August wasn’t exactly a model month.  With a couple family birthdays (including my own) and various outings with friends, there was more than an isolated few “off track” days.  In retrospect, I should be grateful there was no gain and I’m still where I was a month ago!

So today, with parties behind me and the beginning of our school year and normal routines, I am back on track and focused yet again on losing the rest.  After asking a lot of people who have gone through the plateau stage, it seems shaking up the workout routine is the common thread in getting the scale moving again.  In light of that, I’m increasing my workout times and doing varied workouts, getting out of my ruts, and pushing to burn more calories in each workout than previously burned.  Another thing everyone says, that I know I haven’t been consistent with, is keeping up the water intake.  So I’m back to my huge blue water bottle and trying to get 1-2 of those down a day.  We’ll see how that goes!

Thank you for all the encouraging notes, emails and comments during my plateau.  I not only have the blessing of losing weight through this, but the blessing of a great support network, which keeps me going and motivates me to finish what I started.  You help me more than you know!

Another before/in progress picture below.  The first one is with my oldest daughter a few years ago.  The second was this weekend, on a birthday shopping trip with my second daughter.  My children are nine of the  reasons I want to continue losing weight!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures. You are an encouragement for me...I, too, am going to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing job you are doing, Vicki! You're working hard & it shows!!! =0)

    ReplyDelete